The Wilding & Co team is often asked about how to use essential oil. So we thought we’d explain what essential oil and how you can use it.
What is essential oil?
An essential oil is a concentrated hydrophobic liquid containing volatile aroma compounds from plants. An oil is “essential” in the sense that it contains the “essence of” the plant’s fragrance and can have other qualities, such as healing or anti-bacterial properties.
Wilding & Co produces the world’s finest Douglas fir essential oil, among other high-quality conifer oils, and is the only known company in the world producing essential oil from wilding pine trees.
How do you use essential oil?
Wilding & Co Douglas fir pine essential oil is an invigorating fragrance to freshen the home.
- Drop 4 to 6 drops in a warm running bath.
- Our pure essential oil can be used as an ingredient in homemade cleaning products too—find out more.
There are many uses for the essential oil in your home—here are a few to get you started.
- Use an oil burner (either neat or diluted with a carrier oil such as sweet almond oil) to refresh any room of the home and disperse pet odours.
- Use a few drops with your normal liquid laundry detergent for fresh clothes.
- Mix 10 drops into a cup of warm water and mist over household carpets to freshen.
- Spray, diluted (25–50:1), oil onto dog bedding as flea treatment (do not use for cats).